Thursday, January 12, 2017

Who Am I? (2)

     A quick answer may bring this response:  "I am an engineer."  Or, "I am a person who likes people; I am full of stress and anxiety; I am a mother; I am a nobody; I am athletic; I am intellectual; I am shy..." Note how often we tend to describe ourselves with positive or negative personality characteristics that we've developed or acquired over the years and accepted as being "us."  Most of us do not look much deeper than that.

     So, ask "Who am I?" now.  What do you want to become?  Where are you today?  What have you accomplished or failed to accomplish?  Do you have the career you want, the relationships you want?  Do you like who you are?  Are you happy?  Have you realized your dreams and goals? 
     The truth is, you are exactly where you are because of the way you answered "Who am I?"  Why?  Because how you answer the question determines what choices you make for yourself moment to moment every day of your life. 

By Great Grandmaster Tae Yun Kim ( Seven Steps to Inner Power ), p2

No comments: